Choice, Chance, Change
Aging well is one of the few choices we can influence by exploring alternative housing lifestyle options. Are you wondering how you can continue to stay in your home? Are you looking for an opportunity to move in with someone in exchange for rent and/or services provided? If so, you are at the first stage of making a CHOICE.
- Are you thinking about alternative housing?
- Have you explored at least one website offering tips and advice?
- Do you feel you don't have any options that are affordable and sustainable?
Making a choice to begin to think about the next step for you in housing begins now. We of course always open ourselves up to Chance and how lady luck will respond when we make choices to do something differently. Taking the time to explore the more specific options of the attributes and trade-offs you desire in a shared housing arrangement will be fulfilled by:
- Making a list of what you bring to the table
- Making a list of what you need
- Making a commitment to take the information to another level - by meeting someone, putting the word out there in some new and different ways.
Doing your homework will help you reduce the risk of "chance" and not selecting the right person. Not doing your homework increases the risk of it "not working" However, the resulting CHANGE - regardless really of outcome - is the confidence and wisdom acquired by taking action and becoming empowered by your choices. Possible changes include:
- Excited I made the choice to take a chance to make a change.
- Looking forward to learning more about myself, others and my options
- Cautiously, and optimistically embracing the opportunity that presents itself to being the solution for you.
My choice to share housing with a woman whose needs matched what I had to offer was a small miracle but the steps cited here are the necessary ones to get launched on this endeavor. Good luck